The Presidency on Thursday launched 64 achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari within the agricultural sector.
Buhari’s aide, Lauretta Onochie disclosed this in a press release titled ‘Sixty Four Achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari in Agricultural Sector’, made obtainable on her Fb web page.
The assertion learn: “1) The anti-corruption drive of Mr. President put to a halt the exogenous leakages within the Agricultural sector to encourage, empower, and improve the regionally made farm produce thereby growing our internally generated income (IGR) index and overseas change capability and reserve to over $45 Billion in money and bonds.
2) President Buhari initiated the Residence Grown Feeding Programme which is designed to place an finish to importation and market monopoly of farm produce that may be grown right here in our nation which is a pilot car to sustainable financial, agricultural, educational and job creation throughout the size and breadth of our nation.
three) Underneath President Buhari, the Standing Inter-Ministerial Technical Committee on Zero-Reject of Agricultural Commodities and Produce / Non-oil Exports in Nigeria was inaugurated.
four) Beneath the Buhari-led administration, Nigeria has benefitted from 13.1billion Euros honeybee undertaking.
5) The Buhari administration has commenced steps enhancing the requirements of Nigeria’s agricultural exports to align with international requirements because of the rejection of our produce on the EU Border Controls.
6) Beneath President Buhari, Requirements and High quality Management measures have been developed in.
7) Beneath President Buhari administration on the finish of 2016, agricultural items as share of complete commerce acquired N212.73bn and four.02 per cent and Agricultural items exports have been 2.7 per cent larger in This fall 2016 than Q3 2016.
eight.) Beneath the Buhari-led administration, Sesame seeds contributed N6.46billion to Agricultural product exports within the fourth quarter of 2016.
9) Within the fourth quarter of 2016, Frozen shrimps and prawns chipped in N4.4billion to Agricultural product exports beneath PMB’s administration.
10) Beneath President Buhari administration within the fourth quarter of 2016, Flour and meals of soya beans contributed N2.59billion to agricultural product exports
11) Underneath President Buhari administration within the fourth quarter of 2016, cashew nuts in shell contributed N0.95billion to Agricultural product exports with the Buhari-led administration.
12) Crude palm kernel accounted for N0.62 billion of the entire Agricultural exports beneath the President Buhari administration within the fourth quarter of 2016.
13) Beneath the President Buhari administration the agricultural universities coordinating company is being revitalised as stipulated within the enabling Act which can work intently with the Nigerian College Fee and improvement companions to re-focus the schools of agriculture within the nation.
14) The Livelihood Enchancment Household Enterprises (LIFE) programme was initiated by the Buhari Administration and it’s aimed toward bringing life again to rural communities by way of the empowerment of youth, ladies and different weak teams throughout the nation.
15) Livelihood Enchancment Household Enterprises (LIFE) Programme initiated by the President Buhari administration is geared in the direction of selling community-based on-farm and off-farm enterprise actions as a mannequin for job and wealth creation amongst unemployed youth and ladies in rural and suburban households.
16) Livelihood Enchancment Household Enterprises (LIFE) Programmes underneath President Buhari are anticipated to determine 150,000 cooperatives nationwide underneath commodity worth chain teams.
17) Livelihood Enchancment Household Enterprises (LIFE) programme beneath President Buhari will set up and function as much as 1,000 cottage industries within the nation, and finally interact about 1,995,500 youth and 997,500 ladies for enhanced productiveness.
18) Livelihood Enchancment Household Enterprises (LIFE) programme underneath President Buhari would add about 5,965,000 metric tons of meals to the nationwide meals retailer.
19) Anchor Debtors’ Programme is an intervention of the Buhari administration aimed toward fast-tracking entry of rural farmers to finance productiveness.
20) The Anchor Debtors Programme (ABP) of the Central Financial institution of Nigeria beneath the Buhari-led administration has made obtainable N82billion in funding to 350,000 farmers of rice, wheat, maize, cotton, cassava, poultry, soy beans and groundnut; who’ve cultivated about 400,000 hectares of land.
21) The Buhari-led administration has made provision of agricultural credit score for financing the manufacturing of rice, wheat, ginger, maize and soybeans in Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Benue, Zamfara, Anambra and Kwara States.
22) The Anchor Borrower’s Programme (ABP) beneath Buhari’s administration has offered quantum of cash for dry season farming in 2015, moist season rice and wheat farming in 2016 and is at present supporting the 2016 dry season farming in lots of states.
23) The President Buhari administration has commenced the use of Nationwide Soil Map Knowledge, with the promotion of the use of soil-specific fertilizer formulations and software in prescribed dosages based mostly on soil varieties following the conduct of soil mapping/check to reinforce agricultural manufacturing and productiveness.
24) Beneath President Buhari administration a resurrected curiosity in agriculture has woke up amongst small holder farmers.
25) Underneath the Buhari-led administration, Nigeria’s fertilizer market is rising.
26) The President Buhari administration has signed an settlement with the Authorities of Morocco for the availability of fertilizer uncooked supplies on concessionary phrases to spice up native mixing to facilitate making soil and crop-specific fertilizer blends obtainable and accessible to smallholder Nigeria farmers.
27) The Ministry of Agriculture underneath President Buhari is facilitating the well timed entry of farmers to applicable high quality seeds.
28) The President Buhari administration has facilitated seed buying and selling regionally and internationally by means of the appliance of regionally agreed rules and guidelines.
29) The enabling surroundings for personal funding within the seed business has been created by the Buhari-led administration.
30) Beneath President Buhari, the Nationwide Irrigation Coverage and Technique has been developed and focuses on the necessity to overcome the irrigation challenges and put out there irrigation amenities within the nation into efficient use.
31) The PMB Administration has assessed the standing of infrastructure in all of the 12 River Basin Improvement Authorities (RBDAs) therefore, commenced instant and efficient use of the amenities for business farming.
32) Beneath President Buhari, the Financial institution of Agriculture (BOA) has been strengthened for improved supply of providers by means of consolidation and recapitalisation in collaboration with the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) to make sure mortgage disbursement at a single digit curiosity regime within the agricultural sector as obtainable in developed and rising economies.
33) The President Buhari administration has permitted the restructuring, re-capitalising and repositioning of the Financial institution of Agriculture (BOA).
34) The Buhari administration has secured the approval of a grant of $1.1 million from the African Improvement Financial institution (AfDB) for the restructuring of the Financial institution of Agriculture, aimed toward employees coaching to strengthen service supply.
35) The President Buhari administration has launched into the re-validation of the claims of agro- sellers and enter suppliers beneath the 2014 moist and 2014/2015 dry seasons to make sure that real claims are paid by the federal government.
36) The President Buhari administration has facilitated the cost of the sum of N20 billion, as half of the money owed owed agro-dealers whereas efforts are on to completely settle the excellent liabilities.
37) The President Buhari administration has established a N50 billion mechanisation fund to facilitate the second part of Agricultural Gear Hiring Enterprise (AEHE) to roll-out 6,000 tractors and 13,000 harvest and post-harvest gear models throughout the nation.
38) With the Buhari-led administration, Tractors and Implements have been rolled out in Ilorin and Abuja on January 12, 2016, to help focused commodity worth chains.
39) The rising spate of hostilities and attendant insecurity arising from clashes between crop farmers and nomadic herdsmen has raised critical concern inside the authorities. Accordingly, the PMB administration has commenced efforts in the direction of decision of pastoralists-farmers conflicts by means of the supply of 55,000 hectares of land by 11 states as half of the 5,000 hectares every anticipated from the 19 northern states for the event of pasture/paddocks grazing reserves.
40) The Buhari administration has established 40 giant scale rice processing crops and 18 Excessive High quality Cassava Flour (HQCGF) crops with a stake dedication of China EXIM (85 per cent) and Nigeria Financial institution of Business (BoI) (15 per cent) by means of concessional credit score amenities of US$383,140,375.60 for the rice mills and US$143,722,202.40 for the HQCF Crops.
41) The President Buhari administration by way of the Ministry of Agriculture is embarking on a programme of distribution of rice mills, of ten tons per day capability, 20 tons a day, 40 tons a day, 50 tons and some 100 tons. Collectively between them, the capability for rice milling can be shut to three,000 tons a day nationwide. That’s anticipated to shut the hole between paddy availability and mills to course of it.
42) The President Buhari administration has established 10 giant scale rice processing crops and 6 Excessive High quality Cassava Flour crops to be owned and operated by the personal sector and can be funded by the Particular Rice Processing Intervention Fund and the WB Assisted Agricultural Improvement Coverage Operation [AgDPO] Funds.
43) By way of President Buhari administration, Actual GDP in agriculture grew by four.11 per cent within the yr 2016, and this progress fee was larger than that recorded in 2015 of three.72 per cent.
44) Underneath Buhari’s administration as captured by the Nationwide Bureau of Statistics (NBS), there was a unbroken robust progress in Agriculture (particularly Crop Manufacturing) within the This fall of 2016.
45) Agriculture contributed 21.26 per cent to nominal GDP within the This fall of 2016 and the sector grew by 6.45 per cent year-on-year beneath President Buhari administration.
46) Within the Buhari-led administration, the contribution of Agriculture to general GDP in actual phrases was 25.49 per cent within the quarter underneath evaluate, greater than its share of 24.18 per cent within the corresponding quarter of 2015.
47) The Ministry of Agriculture underneath President Buhari administration additionally offered 2283 luggage of industrial salt to hides and pores and skin sellers in 12 focused states.
48) The President Buhari administration positioned ban on rice importation and that has saved Nigeria a mean of $5 Million day by day.
49) The rising success story on agriculture in Buhari’s Administration has prompted extra youths to begin full manufacturing in agriculture.
50) Greater than 7 million Nigerians are actively employed in agriculture beneath the Buhari Authorities’s diversification agenda and the Ministry of Agriculture is working to make sure that Agriculture will supply 20 million jobs within the nearest future.
51) Nigeria’s milled rice manufacturing has elevated by about 60 %, from 2.5 million MT in 2015, to four million MT in 2017 beneath the President Buhari administration.
52) The Buhari-led administration arrange the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) to ship commercially vital portions of reasonably priced and top quality fertilizer to the Nigerian farmer on the proper time
53) The Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) beneath the President Buhari administration has resulted within the revitalization of 14 mixing crops throughout the nation, with a complete put in capability in extra of 2 million MT.
54) The Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) underneath the President Buhari administration has resulted in advantages which can embrace annual financial savings of US$200 million in overseas change, and N60 billion yearly in budgetary provisions for Fertilizer subsidies.
55) Beneath President Buhari administration, the present cumulative in phrases of IGR generated via Agriculture because the fall in worth of crude globally has positioned agriculture as the perfect various for creating wealth and growing our Nationwide Overseas Reserve to an all-time excessive.
56) Nigeria’s financial system has since bounced again after the recession of 2015/2016 and has continued to develop again because the strongest stabilizing financial system in Africa underneath Buhari-led administration.
57) Via the Buhari-led administration, agriculture is already ripe to be the subsequent inexperienced oil and international gold the world has ever seen and the green-rush will lead all roads to Nigeria.
58) Buhari-led Administration has revived 11 moribund crops with a mixed capability of over two million metric tonnes.
59) In 2017 underneath the President Buhari administration, Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) delivered 10 million 50kg luggage(500,000MT) of NPK 20:10:10 fertilizer at a worth of N5,500 in time for the moist season which is down from the worth of N9,000 per 50kg bag in 2016, a 40% discount in worth.
60) Underneath President Buhari administration there’s a larger patronage for the nation’s rail community as a consequence of motion of uncooked supplies and completed items.
61) Beneath President Buhari administration, the bag-making sector of the financial system was boosted, with over 10million packaging luggage produced solely for Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI).
62) The Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) has been capable of create 60,000 direct jobs and even a better quantity of oblique jobs beneath the Buhari-led administration.
63) The Buhari-led administration has minimize down on imports of agricultural merchandise with a purpose to allow self-sufficiency in meals manufacturing and consumption.
64) Underneath President Buhari administration, The Inexperienced Various (TGA) was initiated, a serious coverage thrust to construct an agri-business financial system succesful of delivering sustained prosperity by assembly home meals safety objectives, generate exports, help sustainable revenue and job.”
(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.9&appId=420332301344305”;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));